top of page
Watch the video with guest scientist(s)!
What does DNA look like and where can I find it? What if there was a way to find and observe DNA from plants and animals?
Join BioBus scientist Marina Delgado as she leads you through a protocol (or process) that allows you to see clumps of DNA from living things around you (or even from you!)
Materials for 1 DNA extraction:
- 1 bottle of regular water (500mL)
- 1 spoon to measure and mix materials
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 7 tablespoons of rubbing alcohol
- 1 drop detergent or liquid soap
- 1 clean cup or glass
- 1 timer (most phones have timers!)
- Pen and paper to record your data
Recommended for middle and high schoolers
Take on the challenge now!
Check out the links below to guide your experiments and to explore more
Share your findings and experience!
Don't forget to press the "Click to Share" button at the bottom!
View the work by scientists like you!
If you want to be published here, attach an image or video of your work to the form above
bottom of page